Lemon Grass Infusion Drink
Lemongrass Delight: Refreshing Infusion to Soothe Your Senses
A refreshing and aromatic herbal beverage made by steeping lemongrass leaves in hot water.
- 1 cup finely chopped lemongrass (hare chai ki patti)
- 1 cup mint leaves (pudina), finely chopped
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 bottles lemonade
- 2 to 3 ice-cubes, to serve
- mint leaves (pudina) to garnish
- a few lemon slices to serve
- Combine the lemon grass, mint leaves and sugar with 2 cups of water in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Remove from the fire, allow to cool and purée using a hand blender. Add the lemon juice and mix well. Strain through a muslin cloth to get an infusion.
- In each serving glass, put 2 to 3 ice-cubes and pour ¼ cup of the infusion.
- Top with the lemonade and garnish with mint leaves and a lemon slice.
- Repeat for the remaining infusion and lemonade to make 4 more glasses.
- Serve immediately.
Precautions and Tips:
Remember to wash the mint and lemon grass thoroughly before using it.